Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Hello and welcome to what may or may not become a place where I spend a huge amount of my time. I've tried to blog regularly in the past and it's never quite worked out. I've also tried to just keep a journal regularly but again, I'm not very good at it.

Everything I write tends to come out rambling and incoherent so bear with me if you want to read this and if you don't care to bear with me... May I offer the simple solution of just closing this browser window. It's the little "X" in the top right hand corner on a Windows machine, I think on a MAC it's the little box thing on the upper left corner and I think on Linux it's the same as Windows but I could be wrong and if I am, I am fairly certain that I will get told by at least one or two individuals. If you aren't running one of those three operating systems then: number one-- What the hell are you using? (I know I'm not overly computer literate but I thought I knew at least the most common operating systems.), number two-- I am sorry but I cannot help you get away from my blog. It will be on your screen forever. Or until you pull the electrical plug out of the wall and run out of backup batteries. Or until you remember how you got rid of that horrible Celine Dion pop-up the other day and do the same to this.

I have a couple of messy blogs which hurt my head to read and nobody looks at anyway. I also have my half-filled journal with entries beginning in senior year of high school and continuing on through now. I think it is somewhat important to note that this journal gets lost for months on end and when it resurfaces, it usually means something sad has happened or is about to happen. Thankfully, it has not shown up recently. It's also interesting that I don't use people's names in my journal at all or very frequently in my blogs, I don't replace the names with initals or anything I just use pronouns. You might think that would cause me some problems if I went back years later to read my entries and I'd be left wondering who all the "hes" and "shes" were. So far it's worked for me and I think I'll continue.

I'm not totally sure how I will be treating this blog but I figure that with a little luck this might spawn some interesting conversations.

Hey, the posts here should not be too much longer than my away messages on AIM which are notoriously long, rambling and give absolutely no information about where I am or what I am doing unless, of course, the reader speaks Meghan which is, fortunately or unfortunately, a language that only a select few have actually mastered, although I am not included in that group.

(In case you are wondering, that last sentence was sixty-five [65] words long. And I believe, although I really do not feel like double checking it, that it is a properly constructed sentence.)

Oh, and in case I didn't talk/text/IM/email/message/comment or otherwise contact you at some point last night: Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


I guess you are in that count now too.