Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The verdict is in and I'm out.

Well.

It's now painfully obvious that I do NOT belong in law school.

Great.

My GPA is now a 2.0.... seriously? Who gets a 2?

I'd like to thank all of the people who believed in me up until now-- you can stop believing now.

I think I'll head to school early tomorrow, pick up my books, withdrawal, and go to class to say goodbye to everybody.

The best part is that there is still one more grade to factor in and I know that one won't be any better than the other two.

4 Comments:

Blogger LISA said...

I'm sorry Meg. But I still believe in you, even if you don't.

Tuesday, 10 January, 2006  
Blogger Kevin said...

Don't make me be the only HT person there! (this might sound like the usual fisher optimism, but did you click on the grade distribution for your courses?)

There are definitely some in your same place and lower who are even more shocked... we all got As and Bs in Undergrad.. but here you can get through with a nice C average (ie- 2.0) and it won't pose any problem in graduating or future jobbing. Plus, once you get through year 1, you can pick classes.... a major help! Well, that's my encouragement-- I'm just saying that if you still think you like the school and everything except the points at the end of the semester, it might not be worth leaving.

Additionally, I still don't have a good grasp of CivPro, (as my C- would lead one to believe)...but you can bounce back (to sound trite and positive), and it won't matter as you move along.

Wednesday, 11 January, 2006  
Blogger RantMeghanRant said...

I sat last night trying to think of other things to do with my life, I considered the world of physical science for a moment. This brought back memories of the physics class I took in college with all of the science people that knew jack shit about physics and needed the communication major to tutor them.

While thinking about this, I realized that if... Force = Mass * Acceleration, then... Grade= Effort * Preparation.

And as such should hold true, my worries are for naught.

Wednesday, 11 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I speak Meghan (or "Meagan", but it's just a different dialect, anyway).

I'm a rising 3L at Temple. Almost went to Rutgers-Camden, but I liked the study abroad options on this side of the river better. So we're neighbors! (Almost)

Anyway, I too have gotten crappy grades throughout law school, and still manage pretty ok. I even wrote a whole bunch of advice for rising 2Ls on my blog (if you want to read, although that sounds a lot like spam, dammit and I'm sorry.)

Feel free to pop by anytime, and I'm going to add you to my sidebar if you don't mind. :)

Sunday, 13 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


I guess you are in that count now too.