Tell me does it make you feel too real?
Sometimes I really do wonder about the world and fate and coincidence.
I had been a firm believer in man creating his own destiny until a couple of years ago. Then I came around to believing that we might think we choose the path but in reality the end result are out of our hands.
Tonight I was at a bar with one of my friends when a ghost from her past walked in the door. He was actually a part of the major reason for a huge change that took place in her life some time ago even though he actually had very little to do with it. (Okay, that made no sense whatsoever but keep in mind that it is 3.30 in the morning as I write this and I have several Yuenglings and a shot of Jager in me.)
So back to the effect that this ghost/guy had on my friend... She totally freaked out when she saw him and not in the stupid girly way. It was more like the creepy deja vu way since she had just been thinking about the whole situation only a couple of weeks ago and wondered as we were going in the bar what he was up to...
As we left the bar, she asked me whether I thought it was fate or coincidence that she had seen him there after thinking about him so recently. I said that I thought it was a coincidence but now I am wondering just where the line between fate and coincidence is actually to be drawn.
Fate, as defined by dictionary.com:
- The supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events.
- The inevitable events predestined by this force.
- The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
- A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.
Looking at the second definition of both fate and coincidence we can see how the two overlap a bit... basically in the sequence of events that seem to be arranged. I really don't think I believe in coincidence anymore...
Maybe that's the Jager talking but I think everything happens for a reason. We all live and work and do what we do but what we do really has no bearing on what we can or will achieve.
You can work as hard as you want to work but you will only get to where you are supposed to be. And no further.
So I take back my statement from early this evening... you saw him because you were supposed to see him. Why that is I don't know but you will know someday, at least I assume you will.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home