Toronto! and my obsession with curling
I am quite excited... I have booked my flight for to visit my dear co-Mafia! member at UofT... Please note I have included the logo not only for your viewing pleasure but also because I am bored and want to play around with inserting pictures.

I'm leaving after work on the 12th and coming home just before work on the 17th. I am quite excited...
More to follow on this exciting adventure, probably after it occurs since this seems to be the most logical time to follow-up on it.
In other news, I was upset to learn (nearly two days ago) that our men's curling team has only won the bronze where the Canadians have swept (haha) up the gold-- for those keeping track Finland got the silver. The only one that really matters is the gold though- after that you are just naming the first and second losers.
That may seem rather harsh but think about it this way... thinking back to any competition over the past 2000-3000 years... would you recall more readily the winner or the guy who came in second or third? That's what I thought. Thanks for proving my point.
I think we should have curling on TV here. I mean we put all sorts of crappy things on TV including reality television and soap operas and MTV (which hasn't had music on it in who-knows-how-long). Why not put an awesome sport like this on TV. I'd actually turn on the TV and watch-- well, I would if I didn't have anything to read... actually it's a nice sport to watch while reading as I learned during this year's Olympics.
I love this curling Google doodle though:
Isn't it just pleasant? I also recently learned that Philadelphia has a curling club... www.philadelphiacurlingclub.orgHow cool is that? Okay that's all I've got for now.

1 Comments:
Okay Meggy Moo, it's settled. We're going sweeping here if it kills us. I'll find out all the info. All you have to do is show up. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home