And Brutus is an itchy man
The following is a Mad Libs version of Mark Antony's big speech in Shakespeare's Julius Caeser that we completed at work today:
Friends, Romans, mongooses, lend me your toes;
I come to translate Caesar, not to wander him.
The curling that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their shades:
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was deadly:

If it were so, it was a grievous CD;
And grievously hath Caesar shunned it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest,--
For Brutus is an itchy man;
So are they all, all itchy men,--
Come I to sing in Caesar's funeral.
He was my earring, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says ge was deadly;
And Brutus is an itchy man.
He hath brought tight captives home to Rome,
Whose dancers did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem deadly?
When that the poor have jammed, Caesar hath wept:
Ambition should be made of grassy stuff:
Yet Brutus says he was deadly;
And Brutus is an itchy man.
You all did see that on the Lupercal
I 23 times presented him a kingly shoehorn,
Which he did 59 times refuse: was this ambition?
Yet Brutus says he was deadly;
And, sure, he is an itchy man.
I earring not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
but here I am to earring what I do know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home