I'd give it a title but I don't have one.
So this week has been just a generally crap week:
Monday--
- got a $29 ticket for parking at a meter at school and arriving back moments after the ticket (which actually was printed out on some high tech printer or something so that you can actually read it for a change) was issued to me.
- I then head to work for a meeting from 5.30-6.
- Class starts at 6.20... I drove in & parked in CCC lot but was late anyway.
- Got home and worked on my brief until I passed out.
Tuesday--
- Worked 8-5 which really meant more like 5.45 which was fine except for the fact that I was really worried about this brief.
- I got home after work and basically just passed out.
- So much for working on the brief.
Wednesday--
- Worked 8-4.
- Had a meeting at work at 5.30-6.
- Took speedline into school and still managed to be late for 6.2o class.
- Went home & worked on brief some more before passing out.
Thursday--
- Went to school early and worked on my brief all day.
- I was supposed to meet two of my classmates at 11 so that we could head into Philly to watch some appellate level cases but that didn't happen because I was too worried about my brief and decided not to go.
- I took a bathroom break at some point and on my way back to "my space" I fell up the stairs... ouch, but I'm almost used to falling now.
- For some reason I decide I need to see my license right then... I search my backpack & purse but can't find it.
- My tummy growls so I head home just in time to catch one of my sisters making eggs or something like that. Sweet! I don't have to cook my own food!
- I search my room, the kitchen & the bathroom for my license with absolutely no luck. I have no idea why the 2nd & 3rd rooms ended up on that list but they did. I search the car... no luck.
- I give up and take the speedline back to school convinced that I must have dropped it somewhere in Camden.
- I work on my brief all evening...
- I lament over the fact that there is a Brehnon Law Society Pub Crawl going on that I can't attend...
- Then, around midnight when the city is at it's prettiest I took a leisurely (frantic) stroll (run) to the City Hall stop.
- There I discover that I can't get my pass to work & have to buy a new one. I buy a new one & it doesn't work. What luck... I don't know how but I finally got one to work.
- Still no sign of my license but I go home anyway to pass out.
- Friday--
- I come up with a genius plan in my dreams... I will go to the DMV & get a duplicate. Seems easy enough until I realize that I have no clue where anything that can make up of my "6-points of ID" is currently located....
- I decide to take the train into Camden to get my birth certificate (Room 103 City Hall if you are interested), then drive to Rowan (without my license) to get a transcript & then back to Haddon Heights to the DMV... oh wait they closed that one... maybe Cherry Hill then...
- I figure I can do all of this in about 3.5 hours since Camden is going to be slow as are the folks at DMV... Rowan I estimated at 10 minutes exluding travel time which was about an hour for the round trip.
- Luckily, my dad was able to save me the Camden trek by handing me a copy of my birth certificate.
- Rowan went quickly & easily though I've been paranoid about driving on 55 ever since I got pulled over on it like 2 summers ago.... Can you imagine me with no license driving on it? Haha.
- I finally get to Cherry Hill DMV which is actually the MVC in case you were wondering-- I know you weren't--
- They don't even look at my stuff other than my school ID & my birth certificate... Seriously, I know I don't look like a terrorist-- because I'm not one-- but couldn't you at least humor me by glancing over the paperwork that I spent the past hour or so gathering for you? Thanks chickerdoodle or should I say mami like all of you did today.
- So I sat waiting for #25 to come up but it didn't want to come up....
- And then I saw Lindsay...
- So she sat with me while we both waited to be called up...
- she was getting her CDL so that she can drive a mini-van labeled 'school bus' filled with brats. (My description not hers.) So that was cool because I haven't seen her in forever and a day (exact measure of time)...
- We came up with the ever-so-brilliant and unique (albeit tenative) idea to do "something" for St. Patrick's Day...
- And then I got my new license, she insisted on seeing it after I described my picture as, and I quote, "eeeyyyay"(okay that doesn't spell as well as it sounds).
- So I finally get home & call back the lady who wanted me to babysit tonight (left a message that I was so in for it) & finish my brief but I can't get it to pdf & attach to my email but that's a whole 'nother issue with me & technology...
- Then I had work & that was boring except that I was a teller for part of the night which made it go a bit faster...
- I got a call at work telling me I didn't have to babysit tonight & asking if I can do St Patricks Day (no) or some Thursday (sorry, I have class even though I'd rather make the $) .
- So work was dead boring and I came home thinking that everything was fine but only because I went crazy today working on everything but as soon as I walk in the door my dad who was on the phone holds up the license that mysteriously disappeared yesterday.
I give up. The world really dislikes me... I'm hungry... want to get some dinner? Yes, I know it's 1.30 but I haven't eaten yet. Methinks eggs & toast. If I were the Cookie Monster I might want a soft boiled cookie with a glass of cookie juice on the side.
I can't wait for Sunday & Toronto... however, I still need to do laundry & pack. Oh, and I stupidly volunteered to stick around for part of tomorrow evening at work as a teller in drive thru... come visit me if you can find a reason... I'm good at breaking large bills, if nothing else. Please visit me between 3-6 because I'll be lonely with only one person to talk to...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home