Saturday, March 04, 2006

We always knew Camden was a shitty city, this just proves it.

So I get to school a bit early on Thursday and look at my email and see this:


From:
Some Law School Big-Wig
To:
Law School People
Cc:
More Law People
Subject:
Emergency Closing of All Restrooms
Headers:

I have just learned from the Campus Facilities Director that he has ordered an emergency shut-down of all the restrooms in the law building. A problem in the Camden City sewerage system is causing a backflow of waste water into the mechanical rooms and south student-locker room on the basement level of the building. The bathrooms were closed to prevent any additional contribution of waste water to the problem.

City officials have been dispatched to assist in diagnosing, locating, and correcting the cause of the problem and a professional cleaning company has been engaged to remediate the mess in the basement.

Every effort is being made to have the restrooms operable by tomorrow morning and the basement locker room cleaned for student use.


I figured it would be okay by Friday like the email said... Silly Meghan!

From: Law School Dean
To: Law School People
Subject: Building Closing at 1pm
Headers:
As those who are in the building today know, we have no use of bathrooms in our building. There is blockage in the sewer pipe somewhere outside of the building and Physical Plant is working as fast and as hard as they can to fix this. I am not certain when it will be finished. Therefore, I am closing the building at 1pm today. The staff may leave. The Library will remain open as students have memos due next week. The Library will also be open its normal hours over the weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------
Dean
Rutgers School of Law - Camden
217 North 5th Street
Camden, NJ 08102


To make things more fun the majority of my research materials and work for my appellate
brief (due this coming Friday) is currently located... you guessed it! In my locker, located
conveniently in what I shall now refer to as the shit hole... for obvious reasons. I am
somewhat tempted to just go in and get my stuff anyway but I think I might come out
smelling of my sneakiness.


I guess I'll just waste my ink at home instead.


Have a wonderful time in your non-shitified schools and places of work.

1 Comments:

Blogger bigwinner810 said...

Gotta love Camden. I think the school should sell shirts

"Rutgers Law: Damned in Camden"

By the way, the title of your other blog is one of my all time favorite movie lines.

Monday, 06 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


I guess you are in that count now too.