Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cigarettes & chocolate milk

It's been a long weekend... complete with work and Grandmom's birthday party and all the fun a girl could ever dream of having. I guess to me, the weekend ends once I spend a full day in work or in school.

Today was work. It wasn't so bad. I don't really mind my job but I don't really like it. I don't make enough to make staying there really worth it but I make too much to make finding a new job a priority. I suppose it would seem better to me if I felt like I was actually making some progress in the CA$H program or if I knew that there was going to be something bigger/better waiting for me there. As far as I can tell, there isn't and the CA$H program is a load of "hoo-ha Tuesday."

Tomorrow is school. It should be mildly amusing... it's a statutory Monday for one thing... not that that really changes my schedule much at all. It basically means that instead of my family law class stretching from 2:30 until 4:20 it will only be from 2:30 until 3:20. However, this makes very little difference to me since I'm there until 10:10 no matter if tomorrow is a Monday or a Wednesday.

I've had a more than decent amount of coffee in the past few days... It's been refreshing to go out for coffee again though. It's something I've had as a part of my routine for so long that it feels only natural but now it's different but still somewhat familiar. I've hit up Coffee Works down in Voorhees a couple of times but I've only gone to Three Beans once. I haven't done the D2 at all except for the run from work today and Wawa is now my coffee buddy which I never was quite into before. I have a tendancy to get Starbucks at school but that's because I haven't quite developed a taste for the sludge the school calls coffee nor do I feel a buring desire to explore the great city of Camden for a cup of coffee. Unfortunately, I can't see my habit decreasing now that I have some good company to share in it on what seem like endlessly pleasant evenings but oh well. I haven't heard of too many people dying of coffee overload lately. My pockets will probably empty long before that happens. I'm not sure why I feel the need to analyze my coffee habit.

Friendships that wax and wane have pervaded my life and it seems that yet another has reopened itself. Interesting to note but I really just wanted to put down that random sentence that popped into my head. It is true though.

I'm already missing having Aud, Christine, & Lis nearby. Lauren I feel like I haven't seen in ages. It's strange to me that I recieved a message on Facebook asking me for my contact information so that I can keep informed about my high school class's 5 year reunion.

The question asked by the Mafia and by the few others I still speak to from high school was the obvious: Do we (the royal we of course because none of us are lemmings, we are all free-thinking self-sufficient individuals) want to go?

My vote is no. I don't talk to most of my class for a reason. I didn't and probably still don't have anything in common with them. Yes, there are a few individuals that I'd like to reconnect with but I somehow don't think that they'd show up at a reunion so what's the point of going? To parade around gawking at one another as if we're at a junior high dance? No thanks. I pretty much know what's going on in people's lives if I'm interested enough to know or I could find out easily enough. And sometimes when I don't even care, I know way too much. *Shrug*

1 Comments:

Blogger LISA said...

Dear Meggy Moo,

Canada misses you. It looks likely that I'll be around for Thanksgiving this year (surprise!), but I also vote "no" for the reunion. I'd rather spend my few days at home hangin out with you guys than making awkward small talk with random people. Shrug.

Anyway, hang in there with work and classes, and apparently coffee is good for you.

LISA

Thursday, 07 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


I guess you are in that count now too.